Records and Heritage

Introduction to the Assembly Hall of Tung Wah Hospital

The Assembly Hall was established in 1872 and reconstructed in 1933. A collection of valuable plaques and couplets are housed in the hall. Among them, one of the plaques was bestowed by the Guangxu Emperor of the Qing Dynasty in 1885. Other relics include porcelain portraits of the Founding Directors, memorial tablets and artefacts such as the rosewood conference table and chairs as well as mirror-stands. Each year, a number of important meetings and ceremonies such as the Annual General Meeting, the Election of Chairman & Vice-Chairmen among new Board Members and the Inauguration Ceremony are held at the Assembly Hall. The Hall, now also Grade one historic building, is located at the ground floor of the main building of Tung Wah Hospital.

Address: G/F, Li Shiu Chung Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong

Map to the Assembly Hall of Tung Wah Hospital