Introduction to the Assembly Hall of Tung Wah Hospital
The Assembly Hall was established in 1872 and reconstructed in 1933. A collection of valuable plaques and couplets are housed in the hall. Among them, one of the plaques was bestowed by the Guangxu Emperor of the Qing Dynasty in 1885. Other relics include porcelain portraits of the Founding Directors, memorial tablets and artefacts such as the rosewood conference table and chairs as well as mirror-stands. Each year, a number of important meetings and ceremonies such as the Annual General Meeting, the Election of Chairman & Vice-Chairmen among new Board Members and the Inauguration Ceremony are held at the Assembly Hall.
Address: G/F, Li Shiu Chung Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Application Procedures for Visiting the Assembly Hall of Tung Wah Hospital
Interested parties should make their application in writing to the Corporate Communications Branch of the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals 2 weeks before the date of visit (Address: G/F, Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. Fax No.: 2975 9521).
- Please state clearly in the application the reason, the date and time of visit, the number of visitors and whether guided tour is needed and the language preferred (Cantonese, Putonghua or English).
- Successful application will be notified in writing. If no reply is received 3 working days before the date of visit, please contact our Corporate Communications staff.
- Please read the Notes on Application before making an application.
Corporate Communications Branch of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals
Address: G/F, Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Telephone No.: 2859 7860
Fax No.: 2975 9521
Office hours: Mondays to Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
NOTES ON APPLICATION
- Group visit or guided tour service are only available within office hours.
- Duration for the guided tour is about 20 minutes.
- Please send an application in writing to the Corporate Communications Branch at least 2 weeks before the visit. Application which made less than 2 weeks before the visit will not be considered. Visits will be arranged on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Each guided tour admits not more than 40 persons.
- Please maintain a leader and visitor ratio of 1:30 for applicant’s ease of control.
- The Group reserves the right to approve the application.