Location: Sheung Wan
Roles & responsibilities:
- Review the validity of supporting documents from different units to substantiate transactions for proper accounting entries;
- check accuracy of vouchers to ensure that they comply with related accounting policies and procedures;
- check financial statements to enforce compliance with the Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards and the statutory reporting requirements;
- monitor the operating performance of different units in accordance with the approved budgets;
- review the status/progress of various project accounts to ensure that they are in line with the approved cost, time frame and scope of work;
- supervise subordinates in carrying out day to day operations for operation efficiency and accuracy;
- give advice, training and guidance to subordinates and staff in complying the policies and reporting requirements of Tung Wah or relevant regulations of subvention bodies; and
- provide team work support to review and support system development, enhancement and modification to cope with the fast expansion and diversification of the Tung Wah’s operation.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- (a) 5 passes in HKCEE including English Language (Syllabus B), Chinese Language and Mathematics or equivalent and 8 years accounting/auditing experience of which at least 4 years should be at supervisory level and one of the following qualifications is required:
(1) LCCI Third Level Accounting Certificate or equivalent; or
(2) completion of any one Qualification Programme modules of HKICPA or equivalent; or
(3) completion of five fundamentals level papers of ACCA or equivalent; or
(b) Basic Certificate/Higher Certificate/Diploma in Accounting or related subjects with 8 years accounting/auditing experience of which at least 4 years should be at supervisory level; or
(c) Associate Degree/Higher Diploma/Professional Diploma in Accounting or related subjects with 5 years accounting/auditing experience of which at least 2 years should be at supervisory level; or
(d) a recognized degree in any disciplines with 1.5 years accounting/auditing experience; or
(e) completion of all professional examinations of HKICPA/ACCA or equivalent with 1.5 years accounting/auditing experience;
- hands on personal computer skills and experience in computerized accounting system;
- experience in handling full sets of books and accounts and preferably with audit experience; and
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
(Please specify in the resume or application form the academic results/working experience you have attained in detail.)
Compensation & employment terms:
The successful candidate will initially be offered a 3-year contract with a remuneration package which will commensurate with his/her background and experience. The continuation of employment and employment terms thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement. Apart from contributions to the MPF Scheme, other benefits include paid annual leave, medical services, a dental scheme and training sponsorships. The incumbent will normally work under a 5-day week schedule subject to operational needs and exigencies of the service.
Please send your resume and a completed application form [F601(n)] with indication of your current and expected salaries to the Principal Human Resources Manager, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 13 November 2017. The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah’s personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 28 February 2018 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER