The Group now invites candidates to apply for the position of Community Services Secretary to head the Community Services Division.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the major duties of the Community Services Secretary are:
- strategic planning and development of social welfare and Chinese traditional services and ensuring the provision of high quality community services to the public;
- formulating and implementing policies and strategies pertaining to the administration and development of community services; and serving as Secretary to the Community Services Committee and providing necessary executive support to the Board;
- overseeing the Community Services Division, funding, planning and operation of community service projects/service centers, regularly evaluating the performance of projects/service centers to provide guidance and developing enhancement measures to ensure a smooth running of the services;
- managing and supervising the community services team and ensuring that the staff are well-equipped with functional/technical/managerial leadership abilities in carrying out their job requirements and collaboration with other Divisions/Branches/Office of the Group;
- maintaining effective networking, close liaison and collaboration with the SAR Government, the Board, funding bodies and donors for funding support for development and operation of community services;and to ensure effective implementation of planned projects and initiatives and devising solutions for crisis situations and communicate with the media/public on related issues in accordance with the Group’s prevailing policies and procedures; and
- organizing professional exchange and attachment training programmes with officials of Mainland China to promote and leverage partnership with the PRC in developing the Group’s community services.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- A recognized degree in Social Work, or equivalent;
- registered under the Social Workers Registration Ordinance (Cap. 505) as Registered Social Worker;
- 10 to 15 years of senior management experience in social work administration;
- a good knowledge of the social welfare subvention system and regulations;
- an effective network in the community services field and with the relevant departments of the SAR Government/donors/funding bodies;
- the vision and mission to work with the Board and Senior Staff Team;
- sound entrepreneurship skills in developing and managing social enterprises and traditional services, which include temples, funeral parlours, coffin home and columbarium;
- high EQ and integrity, excellent command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin; and
- excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building and negotiation skills.
Compensation & employment terms:
The successful candidate will initially be offered a 3-year contract with a remuneration package commensurate with his/her background and experience. The continuation of employment and employment terms thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement. Apart from contributions to the MPF Scheme, other benefits include paid annual leave, medical services, a dental scheme and training sponsorships. The incumbent will normally work under a 5-day week schedule subject to operational needs and exigencies of the service.
Please send your resume and a completed application form <F601(n)> with indication of your current and expected salaries to the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at Room 401, 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 11 December 2017. The reference code [REF: PHRM/CSS/SCMP] should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah’s personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 30 June 2018 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER