- Tung Wah is now operating 18 kindergartens, with a total student enrolment of 3,745. We offer half-day (a.m. or p.m.) and whole-day classes, providing early childhood education for children from the age of 2 years and 8 months to 6 years-old.
- All of our kindergartens are non-profit-making, and have joined the “Free Quality Kindergarten Education Scheme” implemented by the government. No tuition fee is required for half-day classes in all of our kindergartens.
- Our kindergartens have genuine concern for children’s healthy development and have been providing environment for our students to enjoy a happy childhood. We strive to developing students’ multiple intelligences, including the linguistic, mathematical, musical, artistic, bodily-kinaesthetic, emotional, and interpersonal aspects, etc.
- The school curricula have adopted a student-centred approach, with emphasis on inspiration and exploration. A variety of learning and teaching activities with high life-relevancy, together with Learning through Play, Picture Book Teaching, Creative Integrated Arts, Moral and Social Development, Logical-mathematical Training and Temperament Education, come together to nurture the creativity, self-directed learning and motivations and abilities in active learning of our students.
- Our kindergartens have proactively introduced creative learning aids and curriculum from overseas, among which, a Japanese Building Block Curriculum “Amazing Blocks” will assist in developing children’s fine motor function, improving their logical-mathematical thinking, and enhancing their knowledge in mechanic operations.
- To strengthen students’ language proficiency and raise their interests in learning, our Kindergartens have introduced “Amazing Pen” as learning tools both in schools and at home. To better apply “Amazing Pen” in current kindergarten curriculum, recordings are prepared by native-speaking English teachers, native-speaking Putonghua teachers and local teachers. The application of “Amazing Pen” aims at enhancing learning effectiveness through play and listening to teachers’ accents and correct pronunciations, as well as cultivating good virtues and positive values from learning content.
- Through our Potentiality Exertion Scheme, a varieties of group training activities, including music classes, dancing classes, wushu classes, artistic skipping classes, Cantonese opera classes and uniformed groups etc. are organized for our students to fully develop their potentials and strengthen their self-confidence. Due to the constraints under the COVID-19, interest classes of the 2020/21 school year have been suspended. In 2019/20 school year, a total of 3,133 students participated in various interest classes in our kindergartens.
- TWGHs Ho Yuk Ching Educational Psychology Service Centre has been deploying their occupational therapists and registered social workers to provide on-site support services at our kindergartens. Their services included group training for children, talks for parents, workshops for teachers, etc., so as to enhance the healthy development of our students.
- All of our kindergarten teachers are qualified teaching professionals. They are caring, experienced and familiar with the teaching skills required for early childhood education. The staff to student ratio is no less than 1 to 11, ensuring that every student is provided with adequate attention from our teachers. Besides, additional native-speaking English teachers and native-speaking Putonghua teachers are employed to cultivate the language environment to support students’ mastery of biliteracy and trilingualism.
- We value the continuous professional development of teachers and thus provide them with training activities of multi-dimensions, including induction programmes for new recruits, management courses for senior teachers, leadership training for principals, etc. All kindergartens have implemented the “Peer Lesson Observation Scheme”, which includes inviting experts in early childhood education from universities to guide the whole process on-site.
Our Kindergartens, kindergarten teachers and students have received numerous recognitions and awards in various fields over the years:
- 15 of our kindergartens were presented with the Hong Kong Arts Development Awards 2014 – Award for Arts Education (School Division) through the “Integrated Creative Arts Programme for Children”. Since 2015, all of our kindergartens have launched “Every Child is an Artist – Art Education Development Programme” to cultivate children’s artistic quality, enhance their power of imagination and creativity, and develop their multi-perspective thinking.
- Our school premises are safe and spacious. All classrooms and activity areas are installed with air-conditioning systems and air purifiers. 17 Kindergartens are certified by HKQAA-Hygiene Control System. Well-equipped with multimedia computers, up-to-date teaching aids and abundant learning materials, the campuses can facilitate students’ learning in a comfortable and inspiring environment. As at Nov 2020, 3 of our kindergartens were certified by the Occupational Safety & Health Council as International Safe Schools.
- From the 2010/11 school year until now, our kindergartens have got 113 prizes in the Hong Kong Green School Award. A total of 9 Kindergartens have accumulated the Outstanding Awards in all of the 4 assessment areas, including Environmental Infrastructure, Environmental Management, Environmental Education and Parents’ Participation in Environmental Activities, and therefore been exempted from participating in the scheme again. Other 7 Kindergartens have received respectively one of the above-mentioned prizes or Certificate of Appreciation in 18th Hong Kong Green School Award.
- In the 2018/19 school year, teachers from TWGHs Lui Fung Faung Memorial Kindergarten and TWGHs Lions Club of Metropolitan Hong Kong Kindergarten were awarded outstanding prizes in The Pedagogical Innovations in Early Childhood Education Competition held by OMEP-Hong Kong and were invited to present their work in Kyoto, Japan.
- In the 2011/12 school year, one of our teachers was awarded the Chief Executive’s Award for Teaching Excellence and another one was awarded the Certificate of Merit. In 2014, one of our teachers was awarded the Outstanding Teacher Award (Caring Group) by the Hong Kong Federation of Education Workers. In the 2017/18 school year, 3 teachers were jointly awarded the Chief Executive’s Award for Teaching Excellence.
- TWGHs kindergartens are dedicated to creating a caring culture on campus to help students realise their potential and develop good deeds. TWGHs Wong See Sum Kindergarten and TWGHs Lucina Laam Ho Kindergarten participated in “A Healthy Harmonious and Caring Campus Award Scheme” of Kwun Tong District respectively in 2017/18 and 2020/21 school year. Both received the “Caring Team” awards. Two teachers of the latter were named the “All-round Caring Teacher” and the “Caring Teacher” respectively in recognition of the Kindergarten’s effort in providing a healthy and caring campus.
- In the 73rd Hong Kong Schools Music Festival, a total of 30 awards (5 Gold Awards, 9 Silver Awards, 15 Bronze Awards and 1 Participation Award) were received. In the 72nd Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival, a total of 460 students participated with a 100% award rate.
- 197 students were awarded the “TWGHs Kindergarten Language Scholarship” in 2020/21 school year to enhance their interest in language learning.
- In two Latin Dance open competitions in 2019, 116 awards were won. In 2020 Hong Kong Schools Wushu Competition, 3 and 5 awards were obtained in individual competition and team competition respectively.
- For details please visit TWGHs kindergartens website or follow the official website of individual TWGHs kindergartens.
|Name of Service Centres||Tel No.||Fax No.||Address||Year of Commencement||Principal|
|Liu Yan Tak Memorial Kindergarten||26060533||26093941||G/F., Mei Wo House, Wo Che Estate, Shatin, N.T.||1980||Ms WONG Pui Shan|
|Ko Teck Kin Memorial Kindergarten||24501336||24586001||G/F., Oi Ming House, Yau Oi Estate, Tuen Mun, N.T.||1980||Ms YEUNG Kin Yuet|
|Hung Wong Kar Gee Kindergarten||26655111||26607909||Unit No.309-316, 2/F., Tai Tak House, Tai Yuen Estate, Tai Po, N.T.||1983||Ms CHAN Wing Shun|
|Chan King Har Kindergarten||26044380||26081489||G/F., Sun Yuet House, Sun Chui Estate, Shatin, N.T.||1983||Ms WONG Sin Wan|
|Lui Fung Faung Memorial Kindergarten||26979973||26911105||G/F., Sheung Sam House, Lung Hang Estate, Shatin, N.T.||1984||Ms IP Yuen Wah|
|Lai Tang Yuen Kaw Kindergarten||23274738||23229801||Level One of Commercial Complex, Tin Ma Court, Wong Tai Sin, Kowloon.||1986||Ms CHOI Lai Ngor|
|Lee Wong Hing Cheung Memorial Kindergarten||24617380||24681760||G/F., King Lai House, Shan King Estate, Tuen Mun, N.T.||1986||Ms. Yeung Kin Yuet|
|Tsui Tsin Tong Kindergarten||26713399||26795248||G/F., Tin Hei House, Tin Ping Estate, Sheung Shui, N.T.||1989||Ms. Wong Sin Wan|
|Fong Shu Fook Tong Kindergarten||28896061||28982861||G/F., Sui Hei House, Siu Sai Wan Estate, H.K.||1991||Ms Ko Wing Sze|
|Wong Chu Wai Fun Kindergarten||24450423||24453091||G/F., Yiu Hong House, Tin Yiu Estate, Tin Shui Wai, N.T.||1992||Ms LUI Wing Kan|
|Nickon Kindergarten||27060202||27060287||G/F., Ho Ming Court, King Lam Estate, Tseung Kwan O, N.T.||1992||Ms LEE Mei Yuk|
|Wong See Sum Kindergarten||23480285||23467977||G/F., Tsui Lok House, Tsui Ping Estate, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.||1995||Ms. LAM Ka Yin|
|Tin Wan (1996-1997 Directors) Kindergarten||25385867||25388007||G/F., Tin Kin House, Tin Wan Estate, Aberdeen, Hong Kong.||1998||Ms YEUNG Siu Fong|
|Wong Wu Lai Ming Kindergarten||31266606||31266608||G/F., Shek Fu House, Shek Lei(II) Estate, Kwai Chung, N.T.||2001||Ms LAM Yin Man|
|Lions Club of Metropolitan Hong Kong Kindergarten||31883565||31883567||G/F., Ming Chau House, Kin Ming Estate, Tiu Keng Leng, Tseung Kwan O, N.T.||2004||Ms FUNG Pui Shan|
|Lucina Laam Ho Kindergarten||29769935||29769813||Upper Ground Floor, On Tat Shopping Centre, On Tat Estate, Kwun Tong, Kowloon||2017||Ms CHOU Sze Wa|
|Katherine Ma Kindergarten||28857313||28857783||Ground Floor, Yat Tin House (Block 2), Yan Tin Estate, Tuen Mun, New Territories||2019||Ms LO Lai Wan|
|Mr. & Mrs. Tam Kam Kau Kindergarten||26777266||26778122||G/F, Hoi Pik House (Block A), Hoi Lok Court, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon||2020||Ms. TAM Lok Kan|