Location: North Point
Roles & responsibilities:
- Perform blood-taking and related duties, such as taking blood specimen, preparing specimen labels and blood-taking materials;
- handle clients’ specimens, such as verify, collect/deliver specimen sample and results from laboratory;
- perform intravenous cannulation insertion;
- assist doctor/nurse in consultation, clinical procedures and service provision;
- assist clients in measuring height, weight and blood pressure, observe clients’ conditions during examinations and procedures (including electrocardiogram, treadmill, uroflowmetry), and report abnormal situations to supervisor;
- prepare, clean, disinfect, sterilize the equipment, such as electrocardiogram, treadmill and drug trolley, and conduct routine quality check;
- conduct stock-taking and ensure adequate and appropriate supply of materials for service provision;
- handle clinical waste and perform portering duties;
- assist in organizing health education and promotion programmes;
- provide clerical support, including appointment booking, reception services, data entry, filing, and answering clients’ enquiries, etc.; and
- perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- (a) F.5 or equivalent and have 1 year’s working experience in hospital or other health care institution; or
(b) (for serving TWGHs/Hospital Authority/Private Hospitals’ staff) F.3 or equivalent with 2 years’ care-related experience;
- completion of “Health Care Assistant Training” or “Care-related Support Worker Training Program” or equivalent;
- medical or patient care related working experience is an advantage;
- fluency in Cantonese, ability to write Chinese and simple English; and
- computer literacy.
(Please specify in the resume or application form the relevant qualifications and working experience you have attained in detail.)
Compensation & employment terms:
The successful candidate will be appointed on contract terms with a salary currently at $16,565 per month (Tung Wah Master Pay Scale Point 4). If the successful candidate completed “Patient Care Assistant (Clinical Assistant)” Training Programme or training program on blood-taking, intravenous cannulation and electrocardiogram or equivalent; or possess 3 years of experience on blood-taking, intravenous cannulation and electrocardiogram, he/she will be appointed with a salary currently at $20,035 per month (Tung Wah Master Pay Scale Point 7). If the successful candidate completed the required training programme or equivalent after serving the medical centre concerned for more than 1 year, his/her monthly salary will be adjusted accordingly. The salary is subject to downward/upward adjustment or may be frozen as determined by Tung Wah and/or as appropriate with reference to the civil service pay review. The fringe benefits include paid annual leave, medical services, a dental scheme and training sponsorships.
Please send your resume or a completed application form <F601> to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 29 September 2021. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah’s personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 31 December 2021 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER