Tung Wah Group of Hospitals

Community Services

  • FAQ
  • Youth & Family Services

Question 1: Are there any services provided for people who have problems due to gambling, drug abuse and alcoholism?


Our Even Centre provides counselling to assist problem gamblers and their families in coping with problems caused by gambling and help problem gamblers to give up gambling habits so as to re-establish a balanced and harmonious life. For enquiries or seeking help, please call Gambling Hotline:183-4633 (Press "1")

For people having debt problems, they may contact our Healthy Budgeting Family Debt Counselling Centre. Our centre assists people in coping with the problems caused by debt and provides consultation on handling debts. For details, please contact our Healthy Budgeting Hotline: 2548-0803

Our CROSS centre and "Stay Sober, Stay Free" Alcoholic Treatment Service Project helps drug abusers and alcoholics to give up their drugs and alcohol. We also assist clients and their family members in coping with problems caused by drug abuse and alcoholic dependence.

CROSS Centre Hotline: 2884-1234

Stay Sober Hotline: 2884-9876

Question 2: How can I register as a member of TWGHs Children & Youth Integrated Services Centre or Children Centre?


HK Citizens who are the holders of Hong Kong Identity Card or Birth Certificate, may register in person at one of our Children & Youth Integrated Services Centres or Children Centre. Once registered, you will enjoy members' benefits, including members' special rate for joining our programmes, periodical Centre News etc, at all our Children & Youth Integrated Services Centres and Children Centres. Membership fee is $30/ two years (from the effective date of the membership). For details, please contact our centres.

Question 3: Are there any hotline counselling services for family crisis?


On crisis situation, you may call our 24-hour CEASE Crisis Hotline at 18281. All incoming calls will be handled by Registered Social Workers. We provide immediate counselling service and make referrals to other services if needed. For sexual violence and elder abuse victims, our CEASE Crisis Centre will provide outreaching intervention and support services to victims during non-office hours.

If it is not an immediate crisis, you may call our Tung Wah Cares Hotline at 2548-0010, the hotline counsellors will listen and support you by providing telephone counselling and appropriate referring services if needed.

Question 4: I would like to enroll my child in a nursery school to enrich his early learning and social experiences. What is the age eligible for registration and related procedures?


Our nursery schools provide full day care and educational programmes to young children. Parents may apply for day creche service(serving new born to 2 years old) after the baby's birth, or apply for day nursery services (serving 2 to 6 years old) when the child reaches 1 year and 8 months old. For details, please contact our centres.