(Secondary and Primary Schools) (REF:A2/EP/SBEPS/NET)
Educational Psychologist II (EP II)
- A first degree in Psychology from a local university or equivalent;
- a Master’s degree in Educational Psychology (Professional Practice) from a local university or equivalent;
- obtained full membership of the Division of Educational Psychology of the Hong Kong Psychological Society or an equivalent status in an internationally recognized professional organization of Educational Psychology or been eligible for such membership; and
- proficiency in Chinese and English.
Educational Psychologist I (EP I)
- Fulfilling the qualification requirements for EP II plus a post-graduate Certificate in Education from a local university or equivalent;
- a minimum of 6 years’ relevant post-degree experience of which at least 3 years should be as an Educational Psychologist;
- obtained full membership of the Division of Educational Psychology of the Hong Kong Psychological Society or an equivalent status in an internationally recognized professional organization of Educational Psychology; and
- proficiency in Chinese and English.
- Holders of degree other than those from a local university or equivalent may apply, but should attach copies of transcripts of studies to their applications;
- the candidate must be eligible for graduate membership of the Hong Kong Psychological Society or the British Psychological Society or equivalent. The Master’s degree in Educational Psychology (Professional Practice) obtained must be one which can prepare the candidate for independent professional work as an educational psychologist;
- the candidate will be considered for the post either in the rank of EP II or EP I depending on their qualifications and experience; and
- please specify in the resume or application form the relevant academic results/qualifications/working experience you have attained in detail.
- Provide psycho-educational assessment and intervention for students with learning, emotional and/or behavioural problems, advise school personnel and parents on management strategies, and support schools in adopting a whole-school approach to cater for the special educational needs of students;
- conduct school-based/joint-school workshops and seminars for school personnel and parents in supporting students with special educational needs;
- assist schools in managing critical incidents; and
- other relevant professional duties as required at times.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The entry salary is subject to the assessment of the Education Bureau (EDB) and is currently HK$37,620 per month (Master Pay Scale Point 23) for EP II rank and HK$60,690 per month (Master Pay Scale Point 34) for EP I rank.
- The salary is also subject to downward/upward adjustment or may be frozen arising from the civil service pay adjustment/review on civil service starting salaries/pay policy review and/or as determined by the EDB.
- Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical services, dental scheme and training sponsorship.
Please send your application letter (with full resume) or completed application form <F601(h)> to the Principal Human Resources Manager, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 27 February 2015. The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the personal data policy of the Incorporated Management Committee(s). Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 30 April 2015 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER