Applications are invited for the following post:
STUDENT GUIDANCE TEACHER in Primary School (in the rank of Primary School Master/Mistress)
Applicants should be experienced qualified primary school teachers who have:
- a local first degree plus teacher training in primary education, or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Permanent Secretary for Education;
- no less than five years’ experience serving in government/aided/Direct Subsidy Scheme primary school(s), and at least two of which as Student Guidance Teachers; and
- completed the necessary training when the appointment is offered. Necessary training refers to the:
(i) Pre-service Training Course for Student Guidance Teachers conducted by the former Education Department, the former Education and Manpower Bureau or the Education Bureau;
(ii) Certificate Course on Student Guidance for Teachers of Primary Schools conducted by a local tertiary institute or its equivalent.
- To assist school head(s) in the implementation of whole school approach in guidance through identifying the needs of their pupils in school(s), formulating specific guidance objectives and developing guidance programmes to promote positive behaviour among all pupils.
- To assist school head(s) to build up and maintain an effective home-school link so as to strengthen teacher-parent co-operation in the education of the pupils in school(s).
- To co-ordinate school support services, advise and help teachers to assist their pupils to overcome their developmental and educational difficulties.
- To provide guidance service to pupils through working with parents and teachers, and to help pupils requiring individual assistance including those involved in child abuse cases, suicidal cases, non-attendance cases, etc.
- To identify and co-ordinate guidance related services provided by various departments and agencies in designing developmental programmes for pupils.
- To advise primary six pupils and their parents on the choice of secondary schools and ways to handle adjustment difficulties.
- To perform administrative and guidance tasks such as the compilation of statistics, keeping of case records, attending job-related workshops, seminars, and the building up of guidance resources, etc.
- To perform any other duties as required by the Guidance & Discipline Section of the Education Bureau and the Incorporated Management Committee.
In accordance with the Code of Aid for Aided Schools.
Applications [with a full resume indicating rank and administrative duties shouldered (if any)] and duly completed application forms <F601(b)> should be sent in confidence to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong before 5 August 2021. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the personal data policy of the Incorporated Management Committee(s). Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 31 October 2021 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER