Location : Yau Ma Tei
Roles & responsibilities:
- Assist the Head of Records and Heritage Office in formulating strategic plans in relation to exhibitions, collections and cultural heritage projects;
- supervise the daily operation, administration and management of Tung Wah Museum, TWGHs Maisy Ho Archives and Relics Centre and an off-site relics store;
- initiate, conceive and implement plans to promote the cultural heritage of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals;
- monitor the acquisition, collection, preservation, conservation and organisation of archives and relics;
- develop online resources for Group cultural assets;
- support teachers and students training, staff orientation, fund-raising, corporate brand building and Board activities through heritage initiatives;
- conduct research on the history of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals if and when necessary;
- develop the work force of volunteers; and
- take up any other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- a recognized degree preferably in Chinese History, History, Library and Information Science, Museum Studies, Cultural Studies, Anthropology or Archival Management;
- at least 6 years of working experience in cultural management/archival management/curatorial service;
- strong supervisory, administration and people skills; and
- high proficiency in English and Chinese.
(Please specify in the resume or application form the relevant qualifications and working experience you have attained in detail.)
Compensation & employment terms:
The successful candidate will initially be offered a 3-year contract [with a salary currently at $53,500 per month (Tung Wah Master Pay Scale Point 26)]. The salary is subject to downward/upward adjustment or may be frozen as determined by Tung Wah and/or as appropriate with reference to the civil service pay review. The continuation of employment and employment terms thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement. The incumbent will normally work under a 5-day week schedule subject to operational needs and exigencies of the service. The fringe benefits include paid annual leave, medical services, a dental scheme and training sponsorships.
Vaccine Pass requirements:
Job applicant (if appointed) will be required to enter or work in specified/other applicable premises under the Vaccine Pass and fulfill the Vaccine Pass requirements in accordance with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Vaccine Pass) Regulation (Cap. 599L) and as stipulated by the Hospital Authority/Education Bureau/Social Welfare Department/other authorities at any point of time during the course of employment.
Please send your resume and a completed application form [F601] with indication of your current and expected salaries to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 4 July 2022. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk. The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah’s personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 31 October 2022 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER